Truste made public some predictions for 2012 and I mention:
- FTC goes after websites for privacy violations related to third-party tracking – this is something good for the users. The Companies will start to be held accountable for tracking conducted by third parties on their sites.
- Ad privacy notice and choice goes mobile – The Companies will have to implement a mobile privacy solution now and offer customers a policy optimized for display on mobile devices.
- Privacy becomes a hot job skill – This is self explanatory
- Location-based technology breaks national news
- Europe says ‘When in Rome, follow our privacy rules’ – US companies that will do business in Europe will have to follow EU countries’ individual privacy standards
- Congress will NOT pass a privacy bill – I think this is a sure prediction in my opinion