Torrents become a CyberGhost Premium Feature

You know it: The largest parts of Internet traffic concern streaming services for music and videos, as well as torrent downloads, in some countries strong enough to even threaten net neutrality by being scapegoats for Internet Service Providers to establish new price models.

In contrast, CyberGhost has become steadily cheaper over the years and still manages to stem all increasing traffic. Unfortunately, a high percentage of free user make extensive use of our Free Service very powerful bandwidth for their torrent downloads, affecting the data throughput of all other users in a serious manner.

popcorn

We never wanted for this happening, but the heavy load torrent users put on the service forces us to pull the ripcord and to re-establish solidarity among all users, instead of letting a few claim it all for themselves.

In short: From now on, CyberGhost blocks the Torrent protocol on all free servers, to normalize traffic once again and to reserve our capacities for those who need a cost-free VPN for anonymous and uncensored surfing.

For subscribers using torrents on most premium servers is still perfectly possible. Only exceptions are servers in the United States, Russia, China and Singapore. For simplicity reasons and a rapid assessment of a single server, the server list in our application includes a yellow exclamation mark next to the name, if the respective server is inaccessible to P2P.

Note: Streaming functionality is not affected by our new torrent policy for free servers. You can still enjoy all your favorite content even with the CyberGhost Free Service.

Thanks everyone for supporting CyberGhost VPN!

About the author

CyberGhost VPN - Oana Ciobotea

35 Comments on "Torrents become a CyberGhost Premium Feature"

Guest
Sashadensikoff
4 days 1 minute ago

I’m not sure why some people are whinging about having to pay for anything.
If you use their service and it works for you and you enjoy it, you should pay them!
Some of these freeloaders seem to forget that it costs companies like Cyberghost money to keep these sites up and to pay for data. They can’t offer everything for free, or it would break them.
Hell…I just currently use Cyberghost for watching a greater range of shows, docos and movies on Netflix, (I’m in Australia, but use it to fake being in the US) but because I really enjoy their excellent service, I pay them for it!
Stop being moochers! Pay the nice people for services rendered. You can even do it through PayPal, pretty sure, so your security is taken care of there.

Thank you to Cyberghost for providing such a great service! I’m glad I gave you guys a try!

Guest
daphy
10 months 6 days ago

I find it weird to be reading complaints about a company taking away some features in the free version. Beggars can’t be choosers. Pay for it if you want torrent service that badly. It’s nice enough that there is a company that gives out free VPN with decent speed for you to stream vid and you could connect it as many times as you like in a day. Greedy much people?

On a serious note, I understand China has recently done some serious blocking of VPNs again. I’m too lazy to read up on technicality so please advise if it’s still possible as I’m interested to upgrade coz I love your free version. I don’t mind paying to get Hong Kong server but would like to check if I could use it to connect to China Site. TIA.

Guest
diddeken
10 months 16 days ago

Hi,
I have a “Promo Special Edition 5″.
Can I use that with P2P?

The first day I got great speeds, but since a day I don’t get anymore upload-speeds at all and one by one all the peers I was connected to without CG on disappear from my list until there are none left and there’s no traffic at all on none of my torrents.

Thx in advance for your answer.

Member
10 months 13 days ago

Hello there,

P2P is available for Premium users, but with limitations on certain servers (e.g. US). Regarding the speed, try choosing a server that is closest to you.

Cheers!

Guest
neo
11 months 18 days ago

I’m thinking of buying cyberghost premium. But I just want to clear my doubts first. In my college torrent is probably banned along with social networking sites and youtube etc. So if i use cyberghost premium will i be able download/upload toorents and browse social networking sites without my identity revealed? and do you restrict any torrent?

Guest
11 months 22 days ago

But I have also read that some users are disappointed that they cannot torrent or P2P on CyberGhost servers. I think this is becoming increasingly common amongst VPN services. With the fast browsing time and the security which comes with the subscription, CyberGhost is worth the investment– even if this functionality is limited for users.